Wycombe Improved Access Service
Local GPs are working together to offer patients better access to appointments in General Practice in Buckinghamshire, known as the ‘Improved Access’ Service. This means that you maybe offered an appointment (face to face or on the phone) in a practice local to you:
- Up until 8pm from Monday to Friday
- On a Saturday (your practice can confirm which practices are open, and their opening hours on this day)
- From 9am until 1pm on Sunday (at one of the three FedBucks Improved Access Hubs located across the county)
Patients registered with any GP Surgery within High Wycombe will be able to access this service via the participating surgeries in their area. These surgeries are:
- Chiltern House Medical Centre
- Desborough Surgery (Hazelmere branch)
- Kingswood Surgery
- Wye Valley Surgery
- Riverside Surgery
- Priory Surgery
- Cressex Health Centre
- FedBucks Improved Access Hubs located at Wycombe Hospital, Stoke Mandeville Hospital and Threeways Surgery, Stoke Poges (Sundays and Bank Holiday weekends only).
All appointments need to be pre-booked, either in advance or on the day.
How to book an Improved Access appointment
Ring Chiltern House Medical Centre as normal. If you would like an Improved Access appointment, please let the receptionist know who will then be able to book a convenient Improved Access appointment for you.
You may be seen by a different Clinician and not your own GP. Please also note that the appointment will be either face to face or on the phone. Additionally the GP seeing you may not have access to all of your records (e.g. test results, hospital letters) and they are not able to do routine referrals to other services, blood tests
This will NOT be a walk in service. If you still need urgent medical advice after 6.30pm or on the weekends you will need to phone NHS 111 or go to A&E.